Dual Electric Flex a Fan for a 1991 Chevy Truck

  • #1

dirtautoguy

dirtautoguy

I'm Amazing

Joined
Jul 22, 2022
Messages
204
Reaction score
101

I need to replace my mechanical can clutch. I have read and read about electric fans and the benefits of them and I conceive I would really delight the jut too as the benefits. Nevertheless I was wondering if I could get some thoughts for my application program. I have a 1996 Hassle k1500 with 3.42 gears so information technology's non great for towing anyway. I get into't really tow anything and when I do it's a lesser 4 wheelwright trailer with 1 or 2 4 wheelers and is usually short distances like no more the.n a 30 hour drive. And in the main if anything I set up my dirtbike In the back. The atomic number 2 livestock thing I have pulled with IT In 6 years is a savourless bed trailer with our furniture connected IT when we stirred. So I think for my application I think I would be ok but what brawl you guys think?

I deficiency to either economic consumption a ls1 fan that from what I understand and should suited bad well operating room a lover from a Lincoln mk8. I guess I would the like the dual fans because if unrivalled were to go out I would still have one.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

  • #2

Spastik Monkey

I'm Impressive

Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
189
Chemical reaction score
7

Great setup. Flex-a-lite also makes a nice kit out. Ill be doing the same matter to my 454

  • #3

Flex-a-lite has great products. I just installed one of their syclone fans in my truck, American Samoa well A the controller building block from Flex-a-lite As well. Works great, and moves a ton of air, and the comptroller gives you the option of choosing what temperature the fan turns on at.

  • #4

The flex a light is super noisy when you compare information technology to the Gerald R. Ford fans that move more air.

  • #5

dirtautoguy

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome

Joined
Jul 22, 2022
Messages
204
Reaction score
101

thanks for the input. after looking at the flex a lite fans I imagine they are out of my budget. Im looking probably $130 max. does anyone know where I could father some LS1 fans for a decent price? I have been watching ebay. I dont think on that point is alot of ls1s in salvage yards is there?

  • #6

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome

Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
189
Chemical reaction score
7

Check your local perpetrate a part. Take care for an 05 or newer truck or Camara operating theatre Pyrocephalus rubinus mexicanus

  • #7

I got fans and shroud from a LT1 F body (93-97) for two of these trucks (including my current one) and they fit great. I ready-made some simple brackets for the whirligig and the bottom fit into the cerement like it was made for it. I used a flexalite control kit for this setup, but the last one and only I just ran to a on-off switch replacement. I just towed a 55 Pontiac just about 45 miles on my equipment trailer and the motortruck never ran hotter than IT does just driving down the highway.

  • #8

chrmaka

chrmaka

I'm Awe-inspiring

Joined
January 11, 2022
Messages
276
Reaction grade
57

The bend a lite is super noisy when you compare it to the Ford fans that move Thomas More air.

Exactly. Hell I'm running a crown vic fan and you cant even severalise its on. Lonesome way you can tell is if you stand in front of the truck and listen intimately.

I got fans and shroud from a LT1 F body (93-97) for two of these trucks (including my current one) and they agree great. I made some simple brackets for the top and the bed fit into the shroud like it was made for it. I used a flexalite control condition kit for this apparatus, just the last one I just ran to a toggle electric switch. I just towed a 55 Pontiac about 45 miles on my equipment trailer and the truck never ran hotter than information technology does just energetic down the highway.

Saame with my setup. And thats pulling a double axle with a immense Subaru Transmitted Infection on the back.

You must be registered for see images bond

  • #9

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome

Joined
Oct 24, 2013
Messages
189
Reaction score
7

DO you have pics of that tip victory setup?

  • #10

chrmaka

chrmaka

I'm Awesome

Coupled
Jan 11, 2022
Messages
276
Reaction score
57

Act up you have pics of that crown victory setup?

You must be registered for realize images confiscate

From when I was installing it.

You have to offset the fan by a couple inches which requires attrition off the factory mounts on the driver side so you'll clear the piss pump. Also conditional how you shoose to mount the fan you leave have to practise into the shroud so keep that in mind. Crown vic fans are a one piece dish out thus its a fan and weather sheet combo.

Also, you want to use a fan from a 98-02. Civilian OR police model, the fans are the same. 98-02 are two speed for 03+ you'll need a fan speed controller since they are variable speed.

Yes I know I need to make a rad cover. I'm getting to it.

Dual Electric Flex a Fan for a 1991 Chevy Truck

Source: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/electric-fan-conversion.32060/

0 Komentar

Post a Comment




banner